Monday, September 15, 2008

Meet Charlene...

I spent all of yesterday morning spinning this beautiful yarn that I have named Charlene (after my late grandmother) who loved to wear these kinds of colors. This is some of the merino roving from the stash recently dyed for the shop. I was going to make it into a variable worsted weight 2-ply yarn, but when I began winding it up to ply it, I felt the distinct sensation in my gut that told me I was about to make a mistake. I'm glad I paid attention...



She turned out beautiful. Up till this morning I wrestled with whether or not I should keep her because she's so nice. I was even looking through my stitch dictionaries for a stitch pattern that would work nicely with a scarf or a cowl. After some consideration (which included thoughts of balancing the checkbook today) I decided to list her.

Charlene is approx. 450 yards of beautiful single-ply, fingering weight handspun/hand-dyed yarn and is available at my etsy shop.

2 comments:

blackmustard said...

I loved this yarn when I first saw it on Ravelry! The colors are absolutely gorgeous, and your spinning is wonderful. Thanks for your comment on my cowl by the way :)

woolamina said...

Thanks a bunch! I just got a pound of merino/bamboo and I think I'm going to try out these same colors on at least one of the rovings (hopefully it will come out as nice) =)