Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lioness

I finally finished spinning the Pigeonroof Studios South African fine in Lazy Daisy. This one really surprised me. I chain plied it and it did end up plying as I had thought it would: just like bfl. While I don't think I would do another chain plied yarn with the South African fine wool, I wouldn't be opposed to doing another fingering weight yarn with it. It's surprisingly soft.

"lioness" handspun sock yarn
approx. 4oz and 500 yards
chain plied


The name came to me upon finishing it and putting it in the bath. It reminded me much more of an African Lioness napping in the shade than a daisy. I don't name all of my handspun yarns, but this yarn seemed to want one.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with this one yet. I might keep it, then again I might not. At least I don't have to decide on it today.


As far as my being cut off goes, I've been extremely good. I am still planning on joining the next SAL round for All Spun UP (it would feel wrong not to), but I haven't let myself buy anything else. I'm going to keep spinning and spinning on the stash and try to get as far through it as possible. We'll see how long it takes before I break. ;)

2 comments:

Anne P said...

Beautiful - I love the subtle colors in that one!

I'm trying to work on stash as well. It's really gotten past the point of "reasonable". :P

woolamina said...

Thanks, Anne! I wish you luck with your stash management. I began to see how out of control mine was when I realized that I could probably go more than a year, spinning constantly, and not run out of fiber. =)