Thursday, April 17, 2008

Busy, Busy

Yesterday morning, when I was browsing through etsy I looked in one of my favorite shops, AllSpunUp, and saw this. I lost control. Before I even realized what was happening, I was ordering. It came in the mail today. I'm excited. A little sad though, too. I have a lot of things in line ahead of that one that need to be spun and listed, so I'm afraid the beautiful 'treat' roving is going to have to wait to be transformed into a pair of my socks.

In an effort to help myself feel better, I dug out the last 8oz of undyed merino and spent the afternoon dying it up.

This one is so colorful, it may be difficult to part with.



This one is also very pretty. It reminds me of a desert sunset (not that I've seen many, but I did see a breathtaking sunset once in the high-desert country one time when I was on my way to visit a friend in Oregon- anyhow, the colors were very similar).



I'm excited to see how these will spin up for me. I hope they'll make beautiful sock yarns for the etsy shop. I really need to get off my bum. At the very least I think I ought to be able to get two yarns in there per month, but it's been hard to do lately. I think I'm going to navajo ply my 3-ply sock yarns for a while, (I know that it's really all the same amount of spinning but it seems easier somehow) and do some two-ply sock yarns as well.

I will probably not have anymore yarns in my etsy shop until the beginning of next month. I have so much work to get done around here. I still haven't even gone outside to work at all (and to my dissappointment I've heard that we may get snow here this weekend). On top of all this, my husband has officially been given an excellent job about 50 miles from where we are now, and has given his old job notice. Now we must begin the job of selling our home and moving. I trust God, and I know this will be a good move. Still, being the sentimental type, this is going to take an extra measure of His grace.

No comments: