Saturday, April 5, 2008

Done

The second half of the marine-colored sock yarn is finally done. It really shouldn't have taken this long to finish, but it just seems like every time I've tried to make time for it something else has come up. I think I have settled on the name Marina. It will fit this color. Originally I wanted to call it 'seaworthy', but I just can't say that word without feeling like a pirate.

I've just finished giving the yarn a bath to set the twist. Now I just have to wait for it to finish drying so I can take pictures of both the skeins together before I list them on Etsy. They should be listed in the shop by 10:30 Monday morning.

A quick rundown on this yarn:



Together the two skiens make 440+ yards of 100% merino, hand-dyed and hand-spun, 3-ply sock yarn. Together they weigh around 3.5 ounces. I haven't measured out the WPI yet, but it's a little finer than the Indian Valley. I'm guessing it will be around 18-19 WPI.

I faced serious temptation to keep these as well. The entire time I was spinning them, I kept thinking they'd be perfect for a pair of Cookie A.'s Pomatomus socks.

No comments: