Saturday, March 29, 2008

To kill or not to kill...

This morning I was going to make a joyful post. Yesterday I finished plying the last of some sock yarn that I've been spinning as a birthday present for a very dear friend of mine. I spent the afternoon dying it and it's finally done now. I told her what I wanted to make for her, since she is now knitting, and asked her what colors she was into right now. She told me purples and oranges. So this is what I came up with.




It's nearly 500 yards of 3-ply handspun sock yarn, 75% superwash wool/25% nylon, hand-dyed in purple and orange with a little bit of magenta in there, too.

Then this morning, after I had just finished setting it out and taking a few pictures of it, while importing them to the computer to write this blog, my husband's hound, made what might be her very last mistake with me. She stole my yarn from the table and mangled it.

It is so tangled. I am furious. I am so thankful that I put so many ties in these to help keep them from becoming tangled, and I likewise thankful that it appears to not have been torn or shredded at all. Still it may take hours to fix this mess.



For now I have locked the offending member of the household in her kennel (far safer for her right now than being in my presence where she, no doubt, would encounter destruction).

It's such a bummer. It was all done and now it needs more work. I was going to spend this morning doing the heel of the second Baudelaire, and now, depending on how bad this is, this may be what I end up doing instead.

I'm really trying to love that dog, but she's working so hard to become my nemesis.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I really really dislike untangling yarn. Genevieve loves to tangle it and feel it, I have spent MANY MANY hours untangling skeins of yarn, sometimes even still attached to said project. :( I'm sorry, I wish you skill and speed in this untangling venture. MY dog chewed a nice big hole in Genevieves foliage hat I so painstakingly finished for her. I had to just put the thing down and walk away. So yeah, I'm completely empathizing with you :) I hope all is well in your household.. much love from afar :D