Saturday, July 19, 2008

It's Finally Here...

Well, the Minstrel finally arrived...



Beautiful, isn't it?

It was the biggest pain in the rear-end to put together, as the instructions were the most poorly-written instructions known to man (I think it took me over two hours and I'm usually a whiz about putting things together).

After a few minutes of testing out the double drive I was off and running. First off, I started spinning some fine singles for sock yarn out of some reject BFL I had kept just for this occasion. After a while I grabbed my Amazon fiber batts from Fiber Monster on Etsy and I spun and plied this gorgeous 93 yard skein of worsted weight 2-ply.

I hardly ever spin anything heavier than DK weight, but I have to say...



... I loves it.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm happy for you :)

Maureen said...

Where did you go? It's like you fell off the face of the planet.