Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Whoa...

Time warp...

Ever since the new wheel came, I've been spinning...



And spinning...



And spinning.



And this is only about half of what I've done. I think that going without a wheel for what seemed like such a long time has really made its mark on my spinning speed. Thankfully, the new wheel and I are bonding very well (though my plying experiences have been only marginally better than with the Joy, so I know I'm going to be shopping for a WooLee winder very, very soon).

I've been spinning so much lately that today (for once) I don't even really want to look at the wheel. I think if I do anything crafty today, it will be to pick up a baby sweater I've been working on and finish it.

The home-improvements are still crawling along at a snails pace, though Paige is going to be starting all-day Kindergarten (new here in WA state) in just a few short weeks, and then I think things are going to start barrelling right along. Today's agenda includes finding boxes while I'm out running errands so I can pack up the books in the den.

Speaking of which, I'd better be off. I've got to get to the post office early today.

1 comment:

Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

Pretty yarns!

Here's a plying tip: if you aren't using a tensioned lazy kate, put your kate so the posts sit at a 45-degree angle (stuff a doorstop or wedge under it) -- that works really well for me :-)