Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Leaf

Yesterday as I was spinning the last of the Pigeonroof Studios BFL (into singles for a 2-ply sock yarn) and thinking that I wasn't entirely happy with my spinning on this one, I was struck by a sudden irrational thought... Art yarn?



Turns out, my irrational thought was a saving grace. I'm convinced that if I had ignored my instinct on this one I would have been dissappointed with the resulting yarn. Thankfully, this one turned out to be 78 yards of coily-spun beauty. I love it, and so far out of all of the contenders for my February update this is the one that I want to keep for myself. However, I probably wont, because it's highly unlikely that I would actually knit something that would require this kind of yarn.

Aside from that, my spin-A-long fiber came yesterday, and it's absolutely beautiful...



These colors are amazing, I'm very happy I ordered a double dose. I'm spinning the first as a three ply sock and I haven't made up my mind about the second one yet, or whether or not I'll be keeping both of them. I ordered the double dose so that I would have the option of selling one and getting my whole investment back. We'll see...



I hope everyone is having a good new year so far. My is coming along good (even with the diet). I've been exercising faithfully and really pruning my eating habits. Hopefully, if I keep going this way I'll have earned new fiber by February. Cheers =)

No comments: