Sunday, January 11, 2009

Octarine

Yesterday afternoon I finished plying the first half of my Spin-A-Long fiber. I love this stuff, it's becoming my favorite kind of fiber to spin. It's easy like Sunday morning.



Handspun SW Merino/Alpaca Sock Yarn
Navajo 3 ply
Fingering Weight
Approx. 4.2oz and 477 yards

It's named Octarine after the Colour of Magic (the 8th color in Terry Pratchett's discworld -generally visible only to wizards and cats) which is a kind of a bright green/yellow/purple.

I'm pleased with the way this one turned out and I've not yet made up my mind about what to do with the second braid of this fiber. More than likely it will become yarn for the shop.

As for this half, I'm keeping it. I've already decided it's going to be a Simple Yet Effective Shawl. I'm going to go put it on the swift and wind it up as soon as I'm done here.

Other than that, I'm already working on the next handspun for the February update. It's a SW Merino in a beautiful range of browns which I dyed myself. It reminds me of coffee. Hopefully it'll be done by the end of next week.

I'm off to begin my shawl, I'll have some pictures once I've made some progress. Cheers. =)

No comments: