Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh, that Funky goodness...

...Mmmmm. I do love this yarn. This is the latest 3 ply sock yarn from the wheel and it's all mine. It was spun from gorgeous Funky Carolina merino roving in the Grey Room colorway and it turned out just about as yummy as it gets.



I forgot to weigh this one, but it's around 4oz and an assured 470 yards. I was spinning extra fine to get the necessary yardage for a fingering weight Swallowtail Shawl (Ravelry link). I didn't get the recommended yardage for the fingering weight version (516 yards), but I've seen a lot of projects on Ravelry and many people get by with 450-460 yards, so I think with my 470+ I should make it through this one okay (I hope).



Right now I'm part of the way through knitting a baby cardigan for my first nephew, who is do to arrive in less than a week and I'm going to have to barrel through the rest of the knitting fast, as it has to be ready to go in just two days. I'm think I might end up mailing this one after all. Still, it's not impossible... and wanting to start the Swallowtail Shawl might be exactly the kind of motivation I need to get it done.

1 comment:

jen said...

beautiful spinning!