Monday, March 9, 2009

Repeats

This morning I braved the chill and still-falling snow to go out and take pictures of a few of the rovings I dyed up this weekend. These three are my favorite and I've decided to keep them and spin them up for myself. Depending on how attached I become to them, I may or may not add them to the shop (I know, it's kind of selfish).


:surrender colorway:

At least this time I payed careful attention and took really good notes while creating them so I should (in theory) be able to repeat these three. Also, as much as I love kettle-dyed rovings I'm trying to get away from doing them because so many of them seem impossible to repeat. I'd like to start having some of my own colorways that I can repeat for customers so they can still get a braid of something they like even if they missed out on it, or so they can get another if they'd like to pursue a larger project.


:shipwrecked colorway:

I should be dyeing some more rovings in a few days (trying to do some repeats) and I do plan on adding those to the shop. So, if you see one of these and plan on hunting for them keep your eyes on the shop this weekend.


:night song colorway (though I'm still revising this one):

P.S. That's not fuzz on the last one. It's snow.

2 comments:

Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

the colors are lovely! Surrender is my favorite :)

woolamina said...

Thanks, Amelia! Surrender is my favorite, too. By the way, Natalie did a beautiful job packing up my dye order -thanks :)