Friday, April 15, 2011

Finally!

The last few weeks have been a blur. While I have been able to get some new fibers into the shop, I spent much of our spring break taking care of sick kids (sadly, both of my girls caught colds).

On the glass-half-full side of things, I did manage to finish up two of my sock knitting projects...

pattern: Child's First Sock pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks
needle: US1.5
yarn: Four Rivers Yarn & Fiber Hand Dyed Sock Yarn in a OOAK colorway that I call Lavender Farm.

pattern: 2x2 ribbed sock with a purl ridge every 12th row
needle: US 1
yarn: Some sw merino/alpaca handspun that sat in the shop for.ev.er. (After months of it sitting I felt I had to take the listing down and use this poor yarn. It was too lovely to be ignored.)

It feels good to have these two projects finished. In celebration I pulled the next ufo out of the knitting pile: a gorgeous handspun Swallowtail Shawl (rav link). I'm so excited to be working on a shawl again! They always seem to knit up so fast. :)

Today is my birthday and I plan to spend the rest of it cleaning my house, spinning, and baking a German Chocolate Cake. We're visiting with family this weekend (which generally means a lot of time spent in the car), hopefully by the end of it I'll have a new finished shawl. :)

No comments: