Sunday, May 18, 2008

Heeeere fishy-fishy-fishy...

Just finished another skein. This one is 260+ yards of 2-ply fingering/DK weight BFL yarn. This is the first time I've worked with good BFL. I only ordered 8oz of it to try, because I've spun BFL before and (by comparison with this new stuff) it was awful stuff to work with. Now I wish I'd bought more. Besides, this BFL spins up superfast compared to merino, which might give me a fair shot at getting more yarns up in the Etsy store more often.



It's dyed in blues, dark green (which came out more of a blue-green) and orange. It reminds me of a happy little goldfish swimming in its bowl. So, of course, I called it 'Goldfish Bowl'.



I just listed it yesterday evening and I really need to get crackin' on the wheel. It's the only thing listed in the shop right now and it's lonely. I'm very glad that things finally picked up, but I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to start adding a few of my hand-dyed rovings to my shop just so it isn't bare. Mind you- I'm not complaining.

No comments: