Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Meme

I've been tagged by Amelia.
So now, after procrastinating for a few days, I'm finally getting around to answering it (though I'm not sure I'll be able to tag so many people in turn).

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Graduating from high school (has it been 10 years already?) and working as a dishwasher/waitress/cook at Granny's Cafe. That first summer out of high school was one of the most beautifully, swelteringly-hot summers I can remember here on the peninsula- it was lovely.

2. 5 things on my to-do list today?

1- Finish plying the skein I'm working on.
2- Go to the Library and pick up another audio book to listen to: The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan (from the Wheel of Time Series). It's a wonderful series so far.
3- Go to the bank.
4- Trip to Walmart (not my favorite thing :() for plastic bins. Paige and I are re-organizing her room as it keeps getting progressively worse and I also have to reorganize my own stash- it's getting out of control and has been taking up most of the spare bedroom. In my defense, it isn't just yarn, it's yarn, roving, as well as all my spinning and dyeing stuff.
5- Return some video rentals (I rented P.S. I Love You, and while it was a good movie, I sobbed like a hysterical idiot to the point of my husband becoming uncomfortable and leaving the room- be warned.)

3. Snacks I enjoy...

I enjoy most things that aren't really good for me. I love chocolate, just about any kind of crunchy snacks (vegetables included), ice cream and home made cake (I grew up disliking cake because we only ever had store-bought or boxed cake mixes, but after I when to work for Bonny's Bakery and had real cake, I learned to love it and have become quite good at baking my own. I have the waistline to prove it). Also, being intensely addicted to candied ginger (I would- and have- eaten it by the pound- I'm addicted to the burn), I just recently discovered a treat that has become an instant favorite: candied ginger-style Turkish delight... Yummmmm...

4. Things I would do if i were a billionaire...

I would probably give most of it away (at least I hope that I would). What could one person possibly need with all that money? I would definitely take care of my family, making sure they all had debt-free homes. I'd like to make sure all of the children in my family were given the opportunity to go to college (I might like like to go to college myself, actually). I would definitely like to see the world, too.

5. Places I've lived...

I have lived only in Washington state. I've lived in Port Angeles for the last 22-23 years. I was born in Port Angeles, but while I was younger I lived in Aberdeen, Hoquiam (not sure if that is how that one is spelled- it doesn't look right), Tacoma and Olympia. We moved around a lot.

6. Peeps I want to know more about...

Maureen- Tag, you're it (If you choose to participate).

No comments: