Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More...

It's amazing how things can be seemingly quiet for so long and then all of sudden- whoosh- things are moving along quickly.

When I first began putting my yarns on Etsy, it felt as if an age passed before I made my first sale. Now things are really moving. As a result, I've been putting in almost more spinning time than I'm comfortable with. Almost.

The shop has been empty for a few days while I've been working on this.


This is the first half of this (the one on top) spun up. It's another Navajo 3-ply fingering/DK weight- merino sock yarn. This half came out to be about 179yds. It has blues, greens, oranges, yellows and violet. It will knit up into lovely striped socks.

After the second half is finished, I'm going to be working on a custom project for someone and then I'm going to crank out a few more two-plies from these SW merino rovings.

This first one came out different than expected. The pink areas were the result of some dark grey dye. I was a little surprised, but it's still quite pretty and I'm very interested to see how it spins up.


This second roving is one purposely dyed, in hopes of recreating a roving/yarn from another etsy seller that I desperately wanted, but missed out on. If it spins up the way I hope it does, I'm going to hoard it for myself.



And this last roving, while very pretty, I'm not entirely interested in spinning myself, so I think this may be the first actual roving that I add to my shop (which will likely happen at the next listing).



Adding 3-4 hand-dyed rovings to the shop along with each handspun I list may enable me to have a least a little something in the shop in between wheel projects. I'm beginning to see that with getting the house ready for sale, I'm really going to have to rein-in my wheel time to make time for all that needs to be done.

I'm trying to keep in mind that once the house is sold and we've bought a new place, moved and settled in, I may have more time available to be at the wheel than I'm prepared for. So for now it might be wisest just to be content with doing a little less.

1 comment:

Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

Now it's not enough that I love your handspun, you want to put handdyed roving on your etsy? Sigh. I'd be cooked. I mean that in a happy way, they look lovely!

And if you'd like to participate, I've tagged you with a meme :-)