Friday, April 10, 2009

New Colors!

I've been working away at my dyepots and I have a few new colorways to show for it. The first is my personal favorite...


:bacchus:

And the next 2 colorways are lovely as well...


:sleeping leaves:


:moonlit:

I'm enjoying my dyeing time more now than I have in the past, and I'm thinking that it's because dyeing gets easier the more you practice it, same as anything else (this is not to say that I don't still make an ugh here and there). I'm glad that it's coming along better now, because if I can't enjoy something, I don't do it for very long.

I still need to post about my now-finished Koolhaas (I'm also halfway through knitting a second in black for my husband), but I'll have to save that for next time. Hope everyone's having a good day and Happy Bobmas to Ravelers everywhere! =)

P.S. The rovings in this post have already been listed in my etsy shop.

2 comments:

blackmustard said...

These are gorgeous! I just tried dyeing yesterday for the first time, and the results were... decent, for a first attempt lol. I'm glad to hear that it gets easier with practice. I kind of figured as much, but it's very encouraging to read about your experience.

I'm the exact same way - if I don't enjoy something I won't be able to keep it up. I'm really hoping to get the hang of dyeing soon :)

Although, if I pick it up as quickly as you have I'll be surprised - your colorways are gorgeous!!

woolamina said...

Thanks! I'm excited for you -dyeing can be a lot of fun. =)