Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spin-A-Long FO

Here's my newest sock yarn, fresh off the wheel.


3 ply handspun BFL sock yarn
fingering weight
approx. 4oz and 415 yards



For some reason I had myself convinced that BFL would not work well as a Navajo-plied yarn, but I had my mind changed by several of the participants in the AllSpunUp spin-a-long on Ravelry who cranked out some seriously beautiful 3 ply yarns. This is one case where I'm glad I was wrong.



This yarn is listed in the shop. Hope everyone's having a safe and fun April fool's Day. =)

2 comments:

blackmustard said...

Gorgeous as usual! I'm working on a custom spinning job so I don't know if I'll be able to get my SAL yarn done in time... It's been great seeing all the yarns, and yours is stunning :)

woolamina said...

Thanks :) I didn't think I was going to get this one done in time either, but once I started it, it practically spun itself. I love good BFL for that reason.