Saturday, April 25, 2009

WIP: Home Edition?

I know it's not fiber, but it will explain why things have been so quiet around here. This is my bathroom.



A few weeks ago my bathroom was hideous. As you can see (and I hope would agree) it now resembles a nice, normal bathroom (if a little messy, still). The only thing we have left to finish in the bathroom is to work on the grout and to hang the new shower curtain rod and the bathroom will finally be done. These last couple of chores should be completed by the end of the weekend and then we will only have to wait to use it until Wednesday when...



the new carpeting is installed!! I am so excited! I've never lived in a home with brand new carpeting in my entire life. Next Wednesday I wont be able to say that anymore. It's a good thing, too. You never know what kind of disasters lurk beneath the old carpet you're pulling up until it's too late, and well, I don't know if I could endure having people over with this vomit-colored vinyl in my house.



Boone doesn't seem to mind the vinyl, but he doesn't mind vomit either.

I'm thankful for this experience, too. We expected new carpeting to be unaffordable for us but found out that it isn't always so bad if you do part of the work yourself. We were able to cut our costs nearly in half by removing the old carpeting and disposing of it ourselves, which was surprisingly easy. My husband and I were able to remove all of the old carpet and padding in two hours and (this next part was especially lucky as there was a special at the dump) we were able to dispose of it for thirteen dollars. We probably saved ourselves around a thousand dollars with 2 hours of relatively easy work and $13. Good deal, no?

I've also been spending a lot more time deep-cleaning and packing up things that we don't often use. So, there has been progress lately, it just hasn't been the woolly sort.

As soon as the new carpeting is done and the house has been put in order, I'm hoping to get back to the wheel and get some more "me" spinning time in, which I am very excited about since I finally ordered a fourth bobbin and a lazy kate. Standard three ply, here I come!!

No comments: