Monday, February 4, 2008

Finally Done...

I am pleased to say that the Zigzag is finally done. It took about a year (though about 10 months of that year it was just hanging out in my closet) and it's done. Saturday night I finished the second sleeve while I was watching a movie with my daughter, and yesterday I seamed it up when we got home from church. I tried it on, and it fits perfectly. I love it. I love it. I love it. Yes it was knitted with inexpensive fisherman's wool, but somehow it turned out lovely anyways. This must be an act of God's kindness in my life.




I also spent part of the last few days finishing these.




They are both 2-ply handspun which were spun from Louet Northern Lights in the color 'icy winter'. The top skien is just over 290 yards and the bottom skien is just over 229. They are approximately 19 wpi (lace weight) and I've put them for sale (individually) on Etsy. If no one buys them before their listing expires I've decided to keep them and knit a small lace shawl or a delicate lace scarf. Mmmm... lace.

This is also something that will be in my Etsy store when it's finished...



It's a spun single of the merino I hand-dyed last week. It's going to be 3-ply handspun sock yarn when I'm all done with it. It's really, really pretty. I'm going to call this color Sea Nymph.

If this stuff doesn't sell, not only will I be very surprised, but also secretly happy that I can horde it all to myself.


On another note, I'm glad I'm at least mostly done with setting up everything on my Etsy account. It
really stressed me out. I love all the spinning, but the computer stuff drives me nutty. A couple of nights ago I actually had a funny dream/nightmare about Etsy. I checked my email and found, to my delight, that I had sold a couple of items on Etsy, but when I checked in to my account it said that I had sold two items that I had never even posted to sell at all! So of course my response to this was that I freaked out and woke up.

I think my mental health and general wellness benefits greatly from not having to do too many things involving computers on a regular basis. I think computers are wonderful, I enjoy using ours to do a number of things, but I don't speak the 'language' the way many other people do. If I had to choose between getting intimately familiar with computers and learning Chinese I'd take the Chinese without hesitation.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Yay, Chinese!!!! That's on my to-do list for this year. That sounds so funny even though it's true. I have such an eclectic list of goals for 2008.