Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Still Finishing

It's nice to be in a period of finishing. I still have a number of knitted things laying around waiting to be finished, but mostly they're very close to being done. The moebius bag is done, except for finishing the inside pocket, then it just has to be felted and I plan to use some of the yarn I used for the i-cord to embroider stars on it once it's done. The madder ribbed socks have been finished for a while- in fact, I'm wearing them right now.

The only bigger thing I have left to finish knitting is my 'ugly christmas sweater'. I still have to knit the back and one sleeve and then do the neckline and seaming. Then I have a number of new patterns lined up that I want to begin working on. Most of them are Knitting Pure and Simple patterns and all of them are sweaters. I'm stoked, these patterns fly with lightening-like speed.

I have about half of the yarn I need spun for the Henry done. There are 3 partially-done spinning projects taking turns on the wheel right now, and admittedly it's slow in coming.

I'm beginning to notice a pattern with my knitting and spinning. I tend to work on my knitting for a week or so, then not touch the knitting and be at my wheel for a week or so. Right now, I am (obviously) on a knitting binge. Which began right after finishing the Indian Valley Sock yarn. This yarn is currently available through my Etsy store- there's a link in the sidebar for anyone who is interested.

It turned out very lovely. I'm very tempted to knit it myself.



My latest knitting F.O. is the first of my Baudelaire Socks. I had to make several adjustments for these to fit my feet. I'm pleased with them, though. As I worked on it, I listened to Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie on tape. So far it's a very amusing story. I'm excited to see how it ends. On that note I've also been reading Dead Man's Folly, also by Agatha Christie. It's the first time I've ever read/listened to anything by her and I like it.



I think it's about time to get back on the wheel again. More spinning... more Agatha Christie. Sounds like a plan to me.

No comments: