Monday, January 7, 2008

It's oh so quiet

My husband is back to work now. I loved having him home for a week, but I did miss how the house is perfectly silent in the morning before Paige wakes up. It also seems to be easier to keep up with everything around the house when he's working.

Yesterday I was hoping to get in some spinning time, but then I cut the tip of a most important spinning finger and decided to give the actual spinning a rest, though I do have some singles in need of Navajo plying, which I will try to do today.

The Mitten is coming along well. Again, I had almost no knitting time yesterday, but I did manage to get another inch or so knitted. Maybe today I'll get the better part of it done. When I finish the mittens, I'm going to be picking up the Zigzag to finish the sleeves and sew them on. I'm excited, that will mean that I'll have a new sweater to wear. It's great timing, too. This year has been on the warmer side and it's just now starting to get colder. It's supposed to snow today, I saw it on the forecast, myself. It feels like it just might happen, too.

As it is, it's almost here. I took this standing on our back porch, and you can see that the snow is already almost at the tree line. You can see it when it's snowing in the mountains and sometimes you can actually watch the snow coming in cloud down the mountain and sweeping right towards you. I hope I get to see that today.



I'm off to show that mitten who's boss.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

this pic makes you look like you live out in the middle of nowhere even though you're mostly in the middle of town.. kinda.. :) Next year we'll go camping right?