Monday, January 21, 2008

See this?

This is all of the work that's left to be done on the Zigzag. I'm almost done. Once I finished the first sleeve I tried seaming it in and I tried it on and ended up being extremely disappointed with the results. So I ripped out my seams and soaked in in the washer.



After blocking it for a day I tried the seaming again, and this time, it came out as I hoped it would, like this.



It looks nice lying on the kitchen table and it also looks nice when I try it on. I am pleased. Also, seeing it looking so nice (especially since it didn't look completely dumpy on me when I tried it on) encouraged me to get the second sleeve going right away. Just a little bit longer...

Before finishing the sleeve I got to this point on the Moebius,



Which is where my first ball of yarn ran out. I have more, I've just been working on the things I really should (for a change).

Yesterday I was feeling very 'sweatered out' so I pulled out the merino for my Dad's Henry and started spinning away. I spun for probably 3 hours yesterday and for another hour today, and I have the bobbin,which was close to half-way full before I began, almost full now. I should be able to get it where I need it after dinner tonight.

I really want to get the rest of this stuff spun and plied and in every way dealt with, so I can spin the rest of the silk for Paige. I like drop spindling, but I'm too impatient for it right now. I also want to get the 6 ounces of pretty white alpaca I bought with knee socks in mind, dyed and spun up before spring gets here.

I have so many things going, and I'm glad that I'm actually making some real progress and getting through them. It will be fun when the end of this year comes and I can look back and see all the things that were finished- a little bit at a time.


No comments: