Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tuckered Out

This week my husband has been at home, on vacation from work. He chose to take this week off to celebrate his birthday (December 31st) which did go nicely. He ended up having several friends come over, including some from out of town, to spend the day and most of the night wide-eyed in front of the television with the XBOX 360.

His week of vacation will be over this next Monday and I have to say I don't think I've ever seen anyone stay so busy when they're given the opportunity to relax and rest.

This morning he was in the shower and out the door in a flash, off to work on our mechanic's computer. He came back home at about lunch time, letting me know that he also had several more things to do today, and that he was planning on taking our daughter and I along. So within a half an hour we rushed out to his parents house (so he could work on their computer) and so Paige could play with Grandma's cats. The blue one is Smokey,
















and the white one is Toby (who wasn't thrilled about all the extra attention).














Afterward we were off to lunch and then the barber, then finally home for a few minutes before we left for dinner with friends that he planned on a whim this morning. I have barely been home at all today and I am exhausted.

Sadly, I've knitted almost nothing today which also usually makes for a slightly cranky me. I am proud of myself that I did dig in and get some things done around the house this morning, though I feel like I've barely had time to breathe.

Tomorrow my husband will be driving out of town with his brother and will probably be gone for most of the day. I'm hoping to sit and work out a plan for some mittens I'd like to knit. It is getting colder and I'd like to at least pretend that if I knit some mitten's it will bring the snow. I love snow. I do enjoy all kinds of weather, but when it's as cold out as it has been and all you're seeing is rain, and all you feel is wet, you really start to crave a little of this...

For the last three weeks or so the weather forecasts have been frequently calling for snow, though we've been skunked every time.

It just isn't right to lead people on when it comes to snow.








No comments: