Wednesday, January 9, 2008

That's it...

This is as far as the mitten is going to get for now. I'm going to finish the thumb (but only because I need these needles to knit a sock) and then I'm putting it away for at least a couple of weeks, if not a couple of months.



I have to say, I like color knitting, but it takes it's toll. For the better part of a week, I have been knitting (though admittedly not much- there hasn't been much time for it) and this is all I have to show for my efforts. If I had been working on the sleeves for the Zigzag, I would probably be done with one if not both. I'm not satisfied with this the way I'd like to be. I'm so far along with this one, I don't want to rip it back, after all it does fit my hand and will work for it's intended use, but I'm going to make a solid list of my likes and dislikes and what I'm planning on doing differently before I make a second pair.

As for the silk I dyed the other day, one of the two portions came out with really light, pretty pastel colors- it reminds me of cotton candy, and while the second portion still has a lot of white in it, it also had much darker, bolder colors. It will be fun to see how they turn out. I spun up this little bit on my Jenkins Turkish Spindle which I got from
http://www.thebellwether.biz/
and I'm planning on spinning this up into a 3-ply sock yarn for Paige. She felt this silk and she (4 years old) actually asked me if I would make this into socks for her. Smart kid. I had no other plans for it so I guess it's hers.


And last but not least, I picked up some Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn today for a new pair of socks that I will probably be starting tomorrow. I think I'll knock out at least one sock before I pick up the sleeves for my sweater. Socks always lift my spirits.





No comments: